Audience: Organisations/Professionals/those working with young people. No number restriction
Description: The course is suitable for staff in organisations that are youth focused and working with young and vulnerable people. It shows the impact of violent extremism and radicalisation, which is an increasingly urgent element of standard safeguarding. How can staff/youth workers get young people to engage on the topic of tackling extremism so that they feel comfortable talking in a safe, facilitated space? What is the role of staff in this discussion? How can we build their confidence to talk about Prevent and British values in a confident and what conversations are out of bonds? How do you conduct the conversations and what topics should be discussed?
The aim is to increase staff knowledge, confidence and practical skills.
1. Our Duty – Prevent Duty and the link with Ofsted
2. Beyond posters and signage – talking British Values with young people
3. Good practice outlines –including videos, youth discussions, topics and tutor groups
4. How to create a safe space –Getting it right and wrong!
5. Top 9 checklist
6. Further reading and resource
What we provide:
✓Evaluation form (so we can make sure you’re happy pre and post course)
✓Certificate (on completion)
✓Blogs and articles to share with staff on extremism
✓Free access to short films tackling extremism useful in your work environment
Note: Buy a package, get a discount