Audience: Organisations/Professionals and staff. No number restriction
Length of course: Up to 6 hours (client dependent)
Description: For organisations working with young and vulnerable people, the impact of violent extremism and radicalisation is an increasingly urgent element of standard safeguarding.
Through its combination of academic knowledge, practitioner experience and community connection, ConnectFutures has developed this course to increase understanding about the law, the path into and out of violent extremism, and the practical actions to help prevent and identify risk and vulnerability.
We tailor our courses to the needs of your sector and organisation, with trainers experienced in policing, prisons and probation, health, housing and more, and for different staff needs, from front line workers to management and policy officers.
2. Legislation: understanding the law and its implications for your work
3. Violent extremism: what does this mean, what might it look like, how can we tell?
4. Wider history, context and community experiences
5. Understanding to prevent: recruitment techniques and propaganda
6. Processes of radicalisation and disengagement
7. Identifying risk and vulnerabilities in individuals
8. Group table top exercise1: What would you do? How would your organisation react to an intervention?
9. Group table top exercise: Design your case study. Preventing, intervening, signposting, de/escalating
10. Group Feedback session with the trainer
11. Case studies – Far right, animal rights and Islamists
12. Tools shared – Barometer: Behaviour and vulnerability tool to identify signs of radicalisation leading to violence
What we provide:
✓Evaluation form (so we can make sure you’re happy pre and post course)
✓Certificate (on completion)
✓Blogs and articles to share with staff on extremism
✓Free access to short films tackling extremism useful in school and college environment
Note: Buy a package, get a discount